For security reasons and to help us ensure the safety of our visitors and staff, as well as preserving the records for future generations, please observe the following guidance for using the Searchrooms and handling documents:
- Only take in with you what you need for the day.
- No bags are allowed in the Searchrooms.
- Lockers are available for storing bags, coats, umbrellas etc. There are coat hooks near the toilets if you would prefer to hang your coat up.
- No food and drink is allowed including water, chewing gum & sweets.
- Only pencils can be used. Please ask if you do not have one.
- You may take a notepad into the Searchroom along with a clear (not coloured) plastic folder.
- If using a laptop and/or camera they must be removed from their bags which can be stored in the lockers. Mobile phones (muted) can be taken in but please leave the Searchroom if you need to take a call.
- Handle all books and records carefully and with clean hands. If material is dirty, fragile or difficult to handle please ask a staff member for assistance.
- Sharp objects are not permitted.
- Staff are here to help if you need it.
We hope you enjoy your visit.